Try us before you join
The club caters for all levels of runner, so even if you’re just starting out come join us.
You don’t have to join the club to come and try a training session, just come along and see what you think. We run sessions from Hillsborough, Heeley, Norton, Millhouses and Woodburn Road track each and every week. But if you enjoy it, why not join the club? You can join at any time of the year.
Membership is yearly, runs from 1 February to 31 January each year and needs to be renewed on 1 February no matter what time of year you first joined. Standard renewals are £25 per year.
New members can join from £45 with a free Steel City Striders running vest .
- registration with UK Athletics (£13), providing various benefits, see UK Athletics website
- reduced race entry fees (usually £2 but sometimes up to £4) for nearly all UK Athletics affiliated races
- free entry to all the Striders club races and running events such as the 10km Championship Race, see full list of events below
- free entry to the 4 x South Yorkshire 5-mile Road League and 4 x South Yorkshire Cross Country League races (usually £10 for each of the 8 races)
- free entry when representing the club in team events such as SYCAA Road Relays (£7), National Cross Country Championships (£7), Northern Road Relays (£5) and National Fell Relays (£12)
- Club London Marathon Ballot – a second chance to get a London place through the club
- free club vest for new joiners (£20)
- discounts with various club affiliates (see our discount page)
- a variety of free training nights across the city every week
As you can see when you break it down with the costs listed, Striders membership provides terrific value for money.
We also organise a full programme of free club events each year including:
- 10km Championship Race
- Cross Country Championships
- Road Race Championships
- Fell Race Championships
- Long Distance Strider
- Sheffield Way Relay and Ultra Race
- Dronfield Way Relay
- Salt Cellar Fell Race
- New Year’s Eve training run
These are often combined with social events as well as organised Curry Runs.
How to join or renew
To join the club you firstly need to submit a membership form and then pay your membership fee.
We allow you to submit a membership form in one of two ways (paper or online) and you can pay in one of three ways (cheque, bank transfer or online using debit/credit cards or Paypal). This allows for numerous combinations, so people can choose the options they feel most comfortable using.
Note: You can pay securely using a debit or credit card through Paypal without needing a Paypal account.
We now ask that renewals also submit a new membership form every year in case your details have changed.
Paper membership form
Striders Membership Secretary
322 Edmund Road
Online membership form
Alternatively, fill in our online membership form which will be automatically emailed to the membership secretary upon submission.
Once you have completed the online form, please use one of the three payment options listed on the How to Pay page to complete your membership.
Note: Your membership application will be on hold and not be progressed until payment is made.
Also, please be aware that membership applications are usually dealt with and processed within 14 days of payment being received and confirmed. But as everyone who deals with your application; Membership Secretary, Treasurer, Kit Sales etc are all volunteers who give their time for free, there may be a delay, especially during holiday periods. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Please direct any membership queries to membership secretary (Stewart Robinson) via the contact form
To request the clubs bank details to pay by bank transfer, see the “Pay by BACS / Bank Transfer / Standing Order” section of the How to Pay page.
For payment queries, please contact club treasurer (Adrian Moss) via the contact form
Any website functionality issues, please contact website admin (Mick Wall), again, via the contact form