Some “not to be missed” dates for your diary.
South Yorkshire County Athletics Association (SYCAA) have released the dates and venues for this years 5 Mile road race series.
|Wed 8th Apr||Lodge Moor|
|Wed 22nd Apr||Wombwell|
|Wed 29th Apr||Low Bradfield|
|Wed 13th May||Oxspring|
For those not familiar with these races, they are running club only events where all the clubs in South Yorkshire take part.
They are hugely popular with Striders, partly due to the fact that the club pays your entry fee. They are also highly competitive affairs, usually with quite challenging routes and a great way for new members to get into racing and come along and meet other members. And its not elitist either, there are a wide mixture of abilities taking part, so don’t worry about being slow.
So just come and enjoy yourself. Free racing? What is there not to like?
There will be more details nearer the time, just get the dates pencilled in/set aside in the diary now.
But please note the following points:
- You have to be a member (1st or second claim) and paid your subs for the year (we will have a naughty and nice list)
- You have to be registered with the EA (normally done as part of your membership anyway, I have a list of everyone’s EA numbers).
- You use the same number for all 4 races (so don’t throw them away after the first race)
- You don’t have to run all four races, you can run just one if that is all you can make.
- Tony Horstead will be at the events around an hour before the start to register people and dish out numbers, but pre-entering with him in advance is preferable
- SYCAA rules state club vests are mandatory for every race
SYCAA have also released the date for the Road Relays in the summer, which is another competitive but hugely fun night of racing.
|Tue 30th Jun||Low Bradfield|
Again, details will be available nearer the time, but we could do with as many teams in this as possible this year.