Every Monday we are going to use a series of 6 set routes for the slow/beginner/newcomer group on Monday Night at Heeley.
The aim of this is to provide routes that are only between 6 and 7 miles long so that we make a commitment to only running the pace and distance we advertise on the website on the Monday night Heeley page.
So around 60 to 70 minutes (approx 10:00 min/mile to 12:00 min/mile depending on the route).
- Route 1: Bramall Lane, Waitrose, Glossop Road, Endcliffe Vale, Fulwood Road
- Route 2: Albert Road, Gleadless Road, Norton Avenue, Hemsworth Road, Warminster Road
- Route 3: Archer Road, Abbey Lane, Ecclesall Road, Psalter Lane
- Route 4: Sharrow Vale Road, Ecclesall Road, Ringinglow Road, Bents Road, Millhouses Lane, Abbeydale Road
- Route 5: Abbeydale Road, Dobcroft Road, Ecclesall Road, Abbey Lane, Archer Road
- Route 6: Cherry Street, Shrewsbury Road, Attercliffe, Bernard Street, Cricket Inn Road, Woodburn Road, Worthing Road, Furnival Road, Sheaf Street, Bramall Lane
If you click on the links above, it will show you a detailed map of the route in either Map My Run or Strava.
There is obviously the chance of 12 routes as all the above could be run in reverse.
To support the investment in this group, we have a rota of volunteers that will lead the group and provide support.
|Date||Route||Leader 1||Leader 2||Support 1||Support 2|
|09/10/2017||1||James Norton||Catherine McKeown||Natalie Neville||John Rawlinson|
|16/10/2017||2||Andrew Long||Jill Davies||Angela Jackson||Robert Davies|
|23/10/2017||3||Stuart Jones||Sally Winslow||Leisha Shiner||Richard Copeland|
|30/10/2017||4||Kevin Rains||Magda Boo||Charlotte Jackson||Keith Bell|
|06/11/2017||5||Matt Rimmer||Becky Chapman||Rachel Rea||Terry Armstrong|
|13/11/2017||6||Jill Davies||Tom Nuttgens||Natalie Neville||John Rawlinson|
|20/11/2017||1||Sally Winslow||Kevin Rains||Angela Jackson||Robert Davies|
If you have any questions regarding this group or wish to volunteer to help out, please contact the Training, Coaching and Venues team via the Contact Form.