Steel City Trail 10, Wincobank Fort, result

Race Date: Sunday 16th July 2023

There were 34 finishers for the latest edition of the Steel City Trail 10. Interestingly, this equates to 2.98% of the Trail 10 facebook group members. I wonder what the other 97.02% were doing. The facebook group has 1141 members yet we’ve only ever given out just over 400 race numbers. Social media is a strange beast – anyway I digress.

Back to the event, a small lap followed by two larger laps of a hilly course round Wincobank. The weather was kind and the torrential showers that we’ve being having recently held off long enough to set the course out, give out the prizes for season 1, run the course and pack the course away. What more could we ask for. I even had to ask Malcolm for some sun cream so my slapper didn’t get burnt.

Huge thanks go to Abbeydale Brewery for the beer and merch prizes, Jess Lishman for her PT vouchers and to Steel City Striders for the myracekit vouchers which were awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each category for season 1. This race was the first race in season 2. The next race is Sunday 20th August at Whirlowbrook Hall.

Finally, without the volunteers, this event would never happen so a big thank you to everyone listed below who gave up their Sunday morning so we could all run. It really is appreciated. Thank you!!


Role Name Name Club
Tail Runner Seth Kirby Steel City Striders RC
Marshall Katie Gill Steel City Striders RC
Marshall Ellie Bull Steel City Striders RC
Marshall Ben Kay Non-affiliated
Marshall Steve Blake Steel City Striders RC
Marshall Robin Williamson Valley Hill Runners
Marshall John Eggington Steel City Striders RC
Marshall Jess Lishman Dark Peak
Course Set up Nick Burns Steel City Striders RC
Course Set up Seth Kirby Steel City Striders RC
Course Set up Ellie Bull Steel City Striders RC
Timekeeping Kate Scott Steel City Striders RC
Timekeeping Malcolm Baggaley Steel City Striders RC

Striders Results:

Pos Name Name Cat Time Cat Pos
2 Adam Connellan Male 00:47:46 2
3 Nick Booker Male 00:50:32 3
5 Laura Mella Female 00:52:55 1
6 Chris Boland Male 00:55:02 5
10 Phil Gregory Male 00:59:24 9
11 Nick Burns Male 01:01:21 10
13 Gergo Erdi-Krausz Male 01:02:13 12
17 Cara Hanson Female 01:05:10 4
26 Kevin Haighton Male 01:14:55 17
32 Hannah Wright Female 01:31:11 15
33 Anne Petit-Jean Female 01:31:11 16
34 Seth Kirby Male 01:31:13 18

Full Results: Wincobank Hillfort – Results – July 2023

scroll to top