Trail Championship 2022
After its first edition in 2019, our Trail Championship is back for 2022, and bigger and better than ever.
This will now follow the same format as the Road Champs and Fell Champs. That means there are 12 races on the calendar, but you aren’t expected to do all of them. For each race, you’ll score points based on how your time compares to the first-placed runner of the same sex, and your best five scores will count.
At the end of the year, prizes will be awarded to the top 2 men and women in senior, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, and 70+ age categories. Your age category is based on your age on January 1st, 2022.
To enter the Championship, just enter the races, and our crack results team will do the rest.
The races you can choose from are listed below. Please note some races/dates are subject to confirmation, we reserve the right to make changes, best endeavours, etc., etc.
- Cat Lane Canter, 10k option (April 24th)
- Higham Hurtle (May 12th)
- Kimmy Kanter (June 7th)
- Three Lakes Classic (June 18th)
- Hundall Hobble (July 3rd)
- Wharncliffe Sider (July 13th)
- Steel City Trail 10, Whirlow (August 21st)
- Striders 10k (TBC)
- Bawtry Forest (September 11th)
- Penistone Hill Race (September 25th)
- TenTenTen (October 9th)
- Cop Hill Fell Race* (November 6th)
* they call this a fell race, but we disagree
Championship updates will be posted after each race, and full standings will be published in The Spreadsheet.
If you have any queries, please get in touch using our contact form, selecting the “Trail Championship" department.