5k to 10k Groups
Steel City Striders are committed to helping new and improving runners. With this in mind we regularly schedule 5k to 10k groups, with the aim of getting runners to a level where they can join our main training nights as detailed below.
For our main training nights we suggest that you should be able to run for an hour and be able to run 5 miles in around 75 minutes. The 5k to 10k groups provide an ideal opportunity to improve your running from the level where you can run 5k or for around 30 to 40 minutes and increase that up an hour and beyond in a friendly and supportive group.
At the end of the 8 week course we will support you in giving one of our main training nights a try.
There will be no cost to participate and no obligation to enter races or join the club, but a commitment to the whole 8 week programme would be appreciated.
Our Spring 2020 series, is now confirmed as follows:
Tuesdays at Millhouses Park from 6pm (meeting at the Cricket Pitch Car Park)
- March 24th, 31st, April 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th, May 5th, 12th
Thursdays at Hillsborough Park from 7pm (meeting at Hillsborough Leisure Centre)
- March 26th, April 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th, May 7th, 14th
Please note entry requirements, as follows:
- You must be able to run a 5k, in 40 minutes or less.
- You must not have completed any run distances greater than a Half Marathon within the last 2
- It is recommended that this course only be completed on 2 occasions. After that, it is suggested that the Striders’ additional, main training sessions will be more suited to your needs.
Applications will open on Monday, 17th February 2020 and will close on Sunday, 8th March 2020.
You can register your interested via the following link: https://forms.gle/Qk4pzjk2vU4TbDhU6
You will be contacted, via email, no later than Sunday, 15th March, with an introduction from the Run Leader and details of any additional information that you may need.
If you have any questions about our 5k to 10k courses, please contact the Training, Coaching and Venues team via the contact form.
Please note that applications for the course will only be accepted via the online questionnaire, link coming soon.
Thank you for your interest in our Spring 2020 series!